The Centre for Brain Research has been established as an autonomous, non-profit research organization in the Indian Institute of Science with a generous gift from the Pratiksha Trust founded by Dr. Kris Gopalakrishnan (co-founder of Infosys Limited) and Mrs. Sudha Gopalakrishnan. The mandate of CBR is to conduct cutting-edge research on aging brain and age-associated brain disorders in order to discover methods for early diagnosis, prevention, postponement, and effective interventions. This involves the rigorous use of various tools, from molecular genetics to imaging and data analysis, clinical and inter-disciplinary expertise, to address the complex challenges needed to understand the aging brain. This focused mandate places CBR in a unique position in the world and CBR is poised towards enabling India’s global excellence in this area. CBR is looking for exceptionally bright and motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research and innovation in the areas of specific interest to CBR and in pursuing high-quality research, innovation, and translation work aligned with the CBR mandate. In particular, we are interested in individuals in the following areas:
- Clinical neuroscience, neuropsychiatry, neuropsychology, behavioural neurology, geriatric medicine, neuroimaging, and related areas, particularly to study neurocognitive disorders from the perspectives of biomarker identification, risk detection and reduction, evidence-based interventions, etc.
- Computational neuroscience, computational genomics, AIML methods, statistics, data science, and related areas
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying brain aging and neurodegeneration
CBR invites applications from citizens of India as well as from individuals who are not citizens of India (with or without the Overseas Citizens of India [OCI] status). CBR strongly encourages diversity among its faculty. We particularly encourage women candidates to apply. Appointments will be at a level equivalent to Assistant Professor or above that will be commensurate with experience and research accomplishments.
Interested candidates may send the following details (as a single PDF file) to email@example.com.
- Highlights of curriculum vitae in this format
- Detailed curriculum vitae and contact details of at least 3 referees
- Statement of purpose summarising research highlights thus far, future research plans, and a clear description of how their research interests align with the mandate and vision of CBR (max. 4 pages, with single line spacing)
- Soft copies of 3 to 5 key research publications
Please note that applications received only at this email address will be considered.
Last Updated on May 27, 2023